About This Listing | 425 W 50th St, APT 11JListing Courtesy of: Brown Harris Stevens Residential Sales Llc
Stella Tower, originally designed in 1927 by Art Deco architect Ralph Walker, became one of Hell’s Kitchen newest boutique luxury buildings four years ago after its conversion to residential. The exterior has retained period glamour while the interiors have become modernized. A rare opportunity to own a one-bedroom, one-and-a-half bathroom covering an expansive foot print of 1,227 sq. ft. This Hudson river facing, meticulously designed and executed unit boasts 13-foot ceilings, giving a loft-like feel. The chef’s kitchen, outfitted in Miele appliances and SmallBone cabinetry, is open to the dining and living room. It contains all of the necessary amenities for every day cooking and even entertaining. The generous primary suite contains an alcove perfect for either a home office, entertainment space or nursery. The en-suite bathroom has custom marble floors, soaking tub, glass enclosed shower, marble slab double vanity and is decorated with some of Waterworks finest fixtures. There is a large walk-in California Closet, beveled hand-laid oak floors throughout, central multi-zoned HVAC system, and a washer-and-dryer unit.
Ralph Walker was one of New York’s most successful and prolific architects and a master of modern ornament. Praised as “the only other honest architect in America” by Frank Lloyd Wright, Walker shaped New York’s skyline during the Roaring Twenties, from the iconic Barclay-Vesey Telephone Building at 140 West Street to the luxurious Irving Trust Building at One Wall Street in the heart of the city’s financial district, and the newly transformed Walker Tower in Chelsea. Elegant amenities at Stella Tower provide residences with modern conveniences and ease: 24-hour attended lobby, fitness center, residents’ lounge with pantry and bar, outdoor garden lounge, bicycle storage room and temperature controlled grocery storage.
- 1227 Square ft
- Year Built: 1927
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1.5 Bathrooms
- Neighborhood: Clinton
Active Listings At 425 W 50th St
Schools Near 425 W 50th St
- P.s. 212 Midtown West 0.24 miles
- P.s. 051 Elias Howe 0.34 miles
- P.s. 191 Amsterdam 0.52 miles
- The Business Of Sports School 0.09 miles
- High School Of Graphic Communication Arts 0.09 miles
- Urban Assembly School Of Design And Construction, The 0.18 miles
- High School Of Hospitality Management 0.18 miles
- Facing History School, The 0.18 miles
- P.s. 111 Adolph S. Ochs 0.09 miles
- P.s. 035 0.21 miles
- Professional Performing Arts High School 0.24 miles
Transportation Near 425 W 50th St
- 50th st (0.23 miles) A C E
- 50th st (0.35 miles) 1 2
- 7th ave (0.42 miles) B D E
- 49th st (0.43 miles) N Q R W
- 57th st (0.46 miles) N Q R W
- 59th st - columbus circle (0.47 miles) 1 2
- 59th st - columbus circle (0.48 miles) A B C D
- 42nd st - port authority bus term (0.5 miles) A C E
- 47th-50th sts - rockefeller ctr (0.59 miles) B D F M
- times sq - 42nd st (0.61 miles) S
Nestled between the flurry of the theater district and the serene bike trails along the Hudson River, Clinton is a diverse and friendly neighborhood where first-time tourists and lifelong residents…
Similar Condos in Clinton
The Clinton Condo Market
Sale Values For Neighborhoods Near Clinton, NY
Rent Values For Neighborhoods Near Clinton, NY
This information is not verified for authenticity or accuracy and is not guaranteed and may not reflect all real estate activity in the market.
©2022 The Real Estate Board of New York, Inc., All rights reserved.
Information is provided exclusively for users personal, non-commercial use and that it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties users may be interested in purchasing.
Set up an Appointment
Select a date and time below and an agent will be in touch to confirm your booking
Success, a qualified agent will respond to you shortly.