About This Listing | 36 Bleecker St, APT 5BListing Courtesy of: Compass
Residence 5B at 36 Bleecker Street is a one-of-a-kind corner unit in the prestigious Schumacher. This luxurious loft has been converted from a three-bedroom, three-and-a-half bathroom into a spacious two-bedroom, two-and-a-half bathroom apartment. Boasting high ceilings and a spacious layout, this home is located on the highest non-penthouse floor of the building.
The living room is surrounded by two suites, which have en-suite bathrooms and offer breathtaking views of the treetops and surrounding neighborhood. This home is exceptionally well-lit, with 15 windows with northern and eastern exposures.
Designed by Morris Adjmi, this home boasts a spacious 23′ living and dining room and 11’10’ exposed brick barrel-vaulted ceilings, making it the highest-ceiling residence in the building. The property also features 8 custom vaulted casement windows, fumed 7.5′-wide plank white oak floors, and a chef’s kitchen with high-end appliances including Wolf, Sub-Zero, and Miele. The kitchen also features Calacatta marble countertops and backsplash. The property also includes custom oversized closets and a windowed dressing room. The primary suite bathroom features five fixtures, a 12′ deep walk-in closet, and a windowed en-suite bathroom with a built-in marble tub and stall shower. Additionally, there is a full laundry room with a washer/dryer. The property also includes a large entry gallery with ample wall space, and a large storage room is included with the sale. The buyer pays a 0.5% flip tax and an assessment starting 02/2023, which is $5,404.13/month.
The Schumacher was originally a well-known print atelier built in the Romanesque Revival style in 1885. It has been transformed into a luxury condominium complex with only 20 units and is now considered the premier building in the downtown area. Its charming character and discreet security make it a desirable choice for those seeking a private living experience. The Schumacher offers a range of amenities, including a 24/7 doorman concierge, fitness center, children’s playroom, peaceful roof deck, and a lobby with a rotating collection of museum-quality art. This is a rare opportunity for a discerning buyer to own a home in a prime location in Manhattan, one of the city’s most sought-after and vibrant neighborhoods.
- 2408 Square ft
- Year Built: 1885
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Neighborhood: Noho
Schools Near 32 Bleecker St
- P.s. 063 William Mckinley 0.39 miles
- Neighborhood School 0.39 miles
- P.s. 020 Anna Silver 0.47 miles
- P.s. 130 Hernando De Soto 0.52 miles
- P.s. 019 Asher Levy 0.6 miles
- Cascades High School 0.27 miles
- Manhattan School For Career Development 0.3 miles
- Harvey Milk High School 0.33 miles
- Lower East Side Preparatory High School 0.55 miles
- Nycischool 0.57 miles
- School For Global Leaders 0.55 miles
Transportation Near 32 Bleecker St
- bleecker st (0.06 miles) 4 6 6 Express
- broadway - lafayette st (0.12 miles) B D F M
- prince st (0.21 miles) N Q R W
- lower east side - 2nd ave (0.25 miles) F
- spring st (0.27 miles) 4 6 6 Express
- bowery (0.35 miles) J Z
- astor pl (0.36 miles) 4 6 6 Express
- 8th st - nyu (0.36 miles) N Q R W
- grand st (0.49 miles) B D
- spring st (0.52 miles) A C E
- delancey st - essex st (0.55 miles) F
- canal st (0.56 miles) 4 6 6 Express
- canal st (0.58 miles) R W
- canal st (0.58 miles) J Z
- canal st (0.58 miles) N Q
- w 4th st - washington sq (lower) (0.59 miles) B D F M
- delancey st - essex st (0.59 miles) J M Z
- w 4th st - washington sq (upper) (0.6 miles) A C E
Modern high rises coexist with public art installations in NoHo, named for being North of Houston Street. The neighborhood is home to one of New York’s most important theaters The…
Similar Condos in Noho
The Noho Condo Market
Sale Values For Neighborhoods Near Noho, NY
Rent Values For Neighborhoods Near Noho, NY
This information is not verified for authenticity or accuracy and is not guaranteed and may not reflect all real estate activity in the market.
©2023 The Real Estate Board of New York, Inc., All rights reserved.
Information is provided exclusively for users personal, non-commercial use and that it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties users may be interested in purchasing.
Set up an Appointment
Select a date and time below and an agent will be in touch to confirm your booking
Success, a qualified agent will respond to you shortly.