About This Listing | 37 E 12th St, APT 3Listing Courtesy of: Compass
Nestled on a quiet Greenwich Village street, yet barely a stones throw from the bustle and attractions that animate the neighborhood, Residence Three at 37 East 12th Street is a historic two-bedroom, two-and-a-half-bathroom full-floor home that epitomizes luxury loft living. Spanning the full third floor of this 1896-built Beaux Arts building, which includes the original cast iron facade, Residence Three pays homage to this history while offering a rare level of elevated detail and construction. With a private elevator entry, vaulted 13’ ceilings, original cast iron columns, five-inch walnut chevron-pattern flooring, and oversized northern and southern exposures, this 3,000 square foot loft is a downtown dream.
Entering the foyer and living room via the private elevator entrance, you are immediately struck by the vast southern light coming in from the four oversized windows, each of which is 5 feet wide and 9 feet tall, for 180 square feet of southern exposure. These oak-framed windows are double paned, allowing almost none of the city’s sounds to permeate into your home. The living room itself is oversized as well, and includes a wood-burning fireplace, multiple closets and AV storage, and an office nook with an additional wet bar.
The kitchen and dining rooms are each separated from the adjacent rooms by cast iron doors paned with hand-blown glass. The chef’s kitchen features an oversized island, white oak cabinetry, honed marble countertops, Lefroy Brooks fixtures, and an arched ceiling lined with Spanish crackle-glazed subway tile. There is a built-in coffee machine, oven/microwave and the double dishwashers all supplied by Miele. There is a Wolf range, plus pasta spigot; and the fridges, both the wine and general fridge, plus double freezer drawers, are from Sub-Zero.
The massive principal suite offers sanctuary, privacy, and luxury. The bedroom has three oversized windows, each 9-feet tall with custom-cut shades and a custom-milled dressing room/walk-in closet. The principal bathroom includes Calacatta marble walls, a double vanity, Bardiglio mosaic floors and fixtures, and a freestanding tub by Lefroy Brooks. Radiant heated flooring and an enclosed rain shower complete this serene space.
The second bedroom features a generously sized en-suite bathroom, similarly appointed to the primary, as well as a walk-in closet.
Additional features that round out this extraordinary home include: Nanz door hardware and fixtures; a laundry room with sink and additional storage; a hidden utility closet with trash chute; built-in Fios; a well-positioned powder room featuring marble reclaimed from the MoMA facade and hand-cut Moroccan tile flooring; electric shades on all windows; floor lights around all the columns; built-in KEF speakers; and private storage in the basement.
37 East 12th Street is a boutique, white-glove condominium of only six residences. Offering 24-hour service and a fitness center, this is the choice building in the neighborhood for those who value privacy and discretion. Some images are virtually rendered.
- 3028 Square ft
- Year Built: 1896
- 2 Bedrooms
- Building Type: Condo
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
About Flats, The
Schools Near 37 East 12th Street
- P.s. 041 Greenwich Village 0.45 miles
- P.s. 019 Asher Levy 0.52 miles
- P.s. 040 Augustus Saint-gaudens 0.57 miles
- Harvey Milk High School 0.26 miles
- Legacy School For Integrated Studies 0.26 miles
- Gramercy Arts High School 0.27 miles
- The High School For Language And Diplomacy 0.27 miles
- Washington Irving High School 0.27 miles
- Technology, Arts, And Sciences Studio 0.52 miles
- M.s. 255 Salk School Of Science 0.57 miles
- J.h.s. 104 Simon Baruch 0.61 miles
K-12 all grades
- Ballet Tech, Nyc Public School For Dance 0.36 miles
- P.s. M226 0.49 miles
- Ross Global Academy Charter School 0.55 miles
- School For The Physical City High School 0.26 miles
- Institute For Collaborative Education 0.49 miles
Transportation Near 37 East 12th Street
- union sq - 14th st (0.11 miles) L
- union sq - 14th st (0.14 miles) 4 5 6 6 Express
- union sq - 14th st (0.17 miles) N Q R W
- 8th st - nyu (0.22 miles) N Q R W
- astor pl (0.26 miles) 4 6 6 Express
- 3rd ave (0.35 miles) L
- 14th st (0.38 miles) F M
- 6th ave (0.4 miles) L
- w 4th st - washington sq (lower) (0.44 miles) B D F M
- w 4th st - washington sq (upper) (0.44 miles) A C E
- 14th st (0.51 miles) 1 2 3
- 23rd st (0.52 miles) 4 6 6 Express
- 23rd st (0.55 miles) N Q R W
- bleecker st (0.55 miles) 4 6 6 Express
- christopher st - sheridan sq (0.56 miles) 1 2
- 1st ave (0.58 miles) L
- 18th st (0.59 miles) 1 2
- broadway - lafayette st (0.62 miles) B D F M
About Greenwich Village
Quaint parks, bumping cabaret bars, and cobblestone streets: it’s hard not to be enamored with Greenwich Village. Rich in jazz clubs and boutique shops, this often-photographed neighborhood is a neighbor…
Similar Condos in Greenwich Village
The Greenwich Village Condo Market
Sale Values For Neighborhoods Near Greenwich Village, NY
Rent Values For Neighborhoods Near Greenwich Village, NY
This information is not verified for authenticity or accuracy and is not guaranteed and may not reflect all real estate activity in the market.
©2023 The Real Estate Board of New York, Inc., All rights reserved.
Information is provided exclusively for users personal, non-commercial use and that it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties users may be interested in purchasing.
Set up an Appointment
Select a date and time below and an agent will be in touch to confirm your booking
Success, a qualified agent will respond to you shortly.